||4 years ago|
|README.md||4 years ago|
|ammo.png||4 years ago|
|edgarbot.py||4 years ago|
|imessage.py||4 years ago|
|start_edgar.py||4 years ago|
<I^_^|> Beep Boop
edgarbot is a chatbot that lives in your imessages!
Inspired by hubot, Edgar is a work in progress that aims to be a programmable chatbot which you and all of your friends can talk to when using imessage.
Edgar works by linking together various bits of information/functionality on your OSX machine:
- The sqlite DBs that contain all of your imessage data
Your contacts from your icloud accountNO LONGER!!
- Applescript's ability to communicate with native apps
Edgar is very much a work in progress but can run on your very own iMessage instance!
- Clone this repo
- run "python3 start_edgar.py"
- Sent a text to someone saying "@Edgar are you here?"
- For a full list of commands, text someone "@Edgar what are you?"
Libraries that were used as references:
- Create Method for implementing new command and regex
- Create pickled command datastructure for persistent user commands
Figure out where group chat handles are stored in the SQLite DB and how to implement sending them with applescriptDONE
- Implement changeable name (but he will always be Edgar in my heart)
- Catch if multiple people in same chat have edgars, have only one respond to commands.
Replicate 'unknown chat' bug that occurs every once in a while...SEEMS TO BE FIXED WITH SWITCH TO PYTHON3