organize your audio samples.. but don't touch them.
- too many fuckin audio samples
- 250 gigs scattered about in different subdirectories
- moving them would immediately cause chaos in past project files
- create folder filled with subfolders that we populate with symlinks.
- use file names, wav data, and parent directory names for hints
- allows for easy browsing of audio samples from any standard DAW browser by:
- percussion type
- whatever we think of next
will you ever finish it
do I ever finish anything? idk maybe. it works right now better than the old version (which was a shitty bash script that ran fdfind), so it's lookin good so far.
- guess tempo by filename
- separate wave files and midi files
- validate wave files
- guess key by filename
- guess drum type by parent directory
- create symlinks for all of the above\
- be stupid dumb fast
- verify various theories with wave/midi data
- sort MIDI files
- more taxonomy
- unit tests
- in-app documentation
- more to-do items