||2 weeks ago|
|.github/workflows||2 weeks ago|
|.gitignore||1 month ago|
|CONTRIBUTING.md||7 months ago|
|LICENSE||2 months ago|
|README.md||2 months ago|
|builtin.go||2 weeks ago|
|cap.go||2 weeks ago|
|cap_sasl.go||2 months ago|
|cap_tags.go||2 months ago|
|cap_test.go||2 weeks ago|
|client.go||2 weeks ago|
|client_test.go||2 months ago|
|codebook.go||2 months ago|
|commands.go||2 weeks ago|
|conn.go||2 weeks ago|
|conn_test.go||2 weeks ago|
|constants.go||2 months ago|
|ctcp.go||2 weeks ago|
|ctcp_test.go||2 weeks ago|
|doc.go||5 years ago|
|event.go||2 weeks ago|
|event_test.go||11 months ago|
|example_test.go||2 months ago|
|format.go||2 weeks ago|
|format_test.go||2 weeks ago|
|go.mod||2 weeks ago|
|go.sum||2 weeks ago|
|handler.go||2 weeks ago|
|handler_test.go||2 weeks ago|
|modes.go||2 months ago|
|state.go||1 month ago|
|state_test.go||2 months ago|
|util.go||6 months ago|
|version.go||2 months ago|
girc-atomic, a terrifying fork of an IRC library for Go
ₜₕₑ ₛₖy ᵢₛ 𝆑ₐₗₗᵢₙg ʇɥǝ sʞʎ ᴉs ⅎɐʅʅᴉuƃ
𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚍
ʇɥǝ sʞʎ ᴉs ⅎɐʅʅᴉuƃ ₜₕₑ ₛₖy ᵢₛ 𝆑ₐₗₗᵢₙg
- Focuses on
simplicityʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ, yet tries to still be flexible.
- Only requires standard library packages
- Event based triggering/responses (example, and CTCP too!)
- Documentation is mostly complete.
- Support for almost all of the IRCv3 spec.
- SASL Auth (currently only
EXTERNALis support by default, however you can simply implement
SASLMechyourself to support additional mechanisms.)
- Message tags (things like
account-tagon by default)
extended-join, etc -- all handled seemlessly (cap.go for more info).
- Channel and user tracking. Easily find what users are in a channel, if a user is away, or if they are authenticated (if the server supports it!)
- Client state/capability tracking. Easy methods to access capability data (LookupChannel, LookupUser, GetServerOpt (ISUPPORT), etc.)
- Built-in support for things you would commonly have to implement yourself.
- Nick collision detection and prevention (also see Config.HandleNickCollide.)
- Event/message rate limiting.
- Channel, nick, and user validation methods (IsValidChannel, IsValidNick, etc.)
- CTCP handling and auto-responses (CTCP)
- Utilizes the atomic/value package from stdlib to reduce backpressure in multi-client usage.
- Additional CTCP handlers and customization.
See the examples within the documentation for real-world usecases. Here are a few real-world usecases/examples/projects which utilize the real girc:
|nagios-check-ircd||Nagios utility for monitoring the health of an ircd|
|nagios-notify-irc||Nagios utility for sending alerts to one or many channels/networks|
|matterbridge||bridge between mattermost, IRC, slack, discord (and many others) with REST API|
Working on a project and want to add it to the list? Submit a pull request!
Please review the CONTRIBUTING doc for submitting issues/a guide
on submitting pull requests and helping out.
OH GOD PLEASE MAKE IT STOP
Copyright (c) 2016 Liam Stanley <email@example.com> Copyright (c) 2022 yung innanet <firstname.lastname@example.org> Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
girc artwork licensed under CC 3.0 based on Renee French under Creative Commons 3.0 Attributions
later defiled by some idiot.
- IRCv3: Specification Docs
- IRCv3: Specification Repo
- IRCv3 Capability Registry
- IRCv3: WEBIRC
- KiwiIRC: WEBIRC
- ISUPPORT Specification Docs (alternative 1, alternative 2, relevant draft)
- IRC Numerics List
- Extended WHO (also known as WHOX)
- RFC1459: Internet Relay Chat Protocol
- RFC2812: Internet Relay Chat: Client Protocol
- RFC2813: Internet Relay Chat: Server Protocol
- RFC7194: Default Port for Internet Relay Chat (IRC) via TLS/SSL
- RFC4422: Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL EXTERNAL)
- RFC4616: The PLAIN SASL Mechanism